Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentines day guide for dudes...


First off... Don't guys know that balloons for Vday is extremely TACKY?! I was in CVS (Yes, again) and I saw this guy at the checkout with a HUGE, red, heart shaped balloon.. I shook my head in dissaprovement. But then! I saw he ALSO had a huge card too. Then he looked over the counter for any finishing touches to his oh-so-thoughtful gift, and grabbed some fake roses to add. At that, I almost burst out laughing in amazement to his stupidity.

Am I being harsh? I mean, valentines day would seem to me as a time to celebrate your love for one another, not.. Let me buy you some red stuff in the shape of a heart because I care for you, and that is what the world expects me to do. no.

I know a guy who doesn't get his wife anything for Vday, he sends her flowers and such at odd times of the year when she doesn't expect it. That is what I'm talking about! No tacky gifts required for him to show his love for her.

Do you agree? Because I don't want to sound high maintenance... but I don't want a CARD for Valentines day, I want to spend time with the guy! I don't know, this is really just a rambling on.

So what are some acceptable gifts a guy can give. In my opinion. Why should he have to? I think going out for fun, like skating, a movie, etc. Vday is a good excuse to lay aside time to spend with each other.

Oh well. Hope you enjoyed the rambling!

No comments:

Post a Comment